Saturday, October 8, 2011

While weeks have gone by...

...I am falling more and more in love with Rome.

The more comfortable I become in my new home, the happier I become.

In the past few weeks I have:
Started classes and I am obsessed with them. I'm taking Ancient Roman Art, Renaissance Rome, and Baroque Rome. All of Roman art history from 400 BC-1750 AD. awwww yeah. (but forget about all that Medieval stuff...they weren't making much anyway)
I've been to the Villa Borghese Gallery twice and its absolutely beautiful.
I went to the keyhole on the top of the Aventine Hill. It framed St. Peters perfectly. So beautiful.
I fainted in Piazza Del Popolo (I'm fine. dehydrated, locked knees)
I found my new favorite restaurant. It's called Da Vitorio. So good. so cheap.
I've discovered the best farmers market in Trastevere.
I bought a dress for 7 euro.
And I rearranged my room.
       I'd say a pretty productive few weeks.

The weather is finally cooling down in Rome and I'm so excited to not be sweating for literally 24 hours a day.
I applied for a homestay in Florence for the Spring. Can't wait to eat incredible food all the time.

Here are photos from the Aventine and the student protest outside my apartment.

You can see St Peters in the distance there.
Fight the power














Until next time.
Love, Hallie

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, you and your fainting! Did they call an ambulance this time? Glad it was nothing serious!

    ReplyDelete