Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And I'm back!!

Wowza everyone. This has been quite a month and I am finally back on the internets with some time.

Lets all just back up to my last few weeks in Rome. Wonderful, exhausting, exhilarating, tearful. All words that can describe it. I finished up my last few weeks by taking trips to some of the most quintessential Roman places. I saw the Pope! I went to the top of the Vitorrio Emanualle Monument and saw the lay out of the city perfectly! I sat in the same seat as Anthony Bourdain and ate THIS:
Cacio e Pepe


I said goodbye to some great friends and a beautiful city and shipped off to Lisbon. If you have a chance to get there, GO. Very very cool city. Wish I could have spent more time exploring the maze of streets but I got the stomach flu. I was in bed for two days so that was a complete bummer BUT I stayed in a great Bed and Breakfast. Stay there when you have your opportunity to go to Lisbon. 
But real talk everyone, Lisboa is beautiful. Here is a picture to make sure you get my point:
Crazy.

I then left the sunshine and made my way up north. I arrived in Dublin, Ireland and was immediately force fed tea, cookies, smoked salmon, brown bread, chocolate and then was asked if I needed any sausages. I stayed with my friend Emma's and her grandparents. I had a great time lounging around, eating cabbage and ham, drinking wine, and watching Sex and the City. It was my first time being back in an English speaking country since August. It was refreshing and Dublin was really nice. I spent Christmas there too with a huge Irish family. It made my first Christmas away from home much homier than I expected. (Unfortunately I have no photos of Dublin)


On the 26th I flew to London and met my dad in the airport. We spent a week in London. We went to museums and ate tea and scones everyday. It was so great seeing him and experiencing London with him. We learned how to use the tube and I watched every documentary about the royal family. Here's my dad and I infront of Buckingham Palace. We look cool.

     


   




















After an uneventful New Years Eve, my dad went home and I went back to Ireland. This time to Galway! Well out in the country of Galway to visit my friend Rosie and her family. Her mom loves taking "yankees" out on a tour of the west coast of Ireland. So luckily I was next! We went to the Cliffs of Moher on one of the windiest days I have ever experienced. So gorgeous. Then went to Emma's other grandmothers house in County Cavan with our friend Katie for another few days of relaxing before shipping back to Italy for my second semester abroad. 

Cliffs of Moher - It was so windy that the
water was being pushed up the hill!


















I returned to Rome for a few days before I moved into my new home. Three days in Rome was perfect. I had an excuse to go to all the places I had lost sight of and eat at all my favorite restaurants. Let me know if you want the names.


I just moved into my homestay in Florence a week ago. I live with a mother, father and their two kids (a girl who's 22, and a boy who's 17). Food all the time and I have my own room. Life is good. Here are pictures of my room: 

Bed!

big desk!
red chair, window, and big closets!
More on life in Florence and actual school later. Its time for dinner! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment